Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Vegan Italiano. "Serve this versatile recipe as an appetizing antipasto, elegant first course, or tasty side dish."
- 1 lb medium asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large stockpot filled with salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to boiling water and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath for 5 minutes. Drain well and transfer to shallow serving platter or long serving dish.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Stir in the tomatoes, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the asparagus, tossing gently to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Simple and tasty. Can't wait to show it off to friends!
I really, really like this dish. I served it for Thanksgiving this year instead of my usual asparagus with hollandaise. Very pretty presentation. I did have to use frozen asparagus, but was still very pleased with the "texture", as I only cooked the asparagus for a very short time. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Eat Your Vegetables. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.