Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have never tried asparagus but the photo in the current Pillsbury cookbook and me wanting to try it.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil, if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Wash asparagus; snap off tough stem ends. In large skillet or Dutch oven, bring 1 inch of lightly salted water to a boil. Arrange asparagus spears evenly in skillet. Cover; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine butter and walnuts. Cook over low heat until butter browns and walnuts are toasted, watching carefully to prevent butter from burning. Stir in oil and salt.
- Arrange hot asparagus on large serving platter. Top with walnut butter.