1/2 Photos of Asparagus With Toasted Sesame Aioli
Here's a great appetizer for springtime entertaining. The bold, toasty sesame oil adds depth to the classic garlic-lemon sauce. Arrange the crisp-tender asparagus spears, tips up, in a tall, clear glass, with the sesame sauce nearby, served in a radicchio leaf cup to add color. The asparagus can be cooked up to 1 day in advance. The sauce will keep for up to 1 week in a covered container in the refrigerator. Bring both to room temperature for serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 medium-thick asparagus spears (about 12 ounces, trimmed to even lengths)
Toasted Sesame Aioli
- 1Steam the asparagus in a covered steamer over boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2Or, put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish; add about 2 tablespoons water.
- 3Cover tightly and microwave on high for about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- 6Meanwhile, make the aioli:.
- 7Stir together all the aioli ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- 8To serve, arrange the asparagus spears in a tall, clear glass container. Spoon the sauce into a radicchio leaf or small dish, garnish with sesame seeds, and place nearby for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Toasted Sesame Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 280.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g