1/2 Photos of Asparagus With Toasted Sesame Aioli
Here's a great appetizer for springtime entertaining. The bold, toasty sesame oil adds depth to the classic garlic-lemon sauce. Arrange the crisp-tender asparagus spears, tips up, in a tall, clear glass, with the sesame sauce nearby, served in a radicchio leaf cup to add color. The asparagus can be cooked up to 1 day in advance. The sauce will keep for up to 1 week in a covered container in the refrigerator. Bring both to room temperature for serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 medium-thick asparagus spears (about 12 ounces, trimmed to even lengths)
Toasted Sesame Aioli
- 1Steam the asparagus in a covered steamer over boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2Or, put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish; add about 2 tablespoons water.
- 3Cover tightly and microwave on high for about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- 6Meanwhile, make the aioli:.
- 7Stir together all the aioli ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- 8To serve, arrange the asparagus spears in a tall, clear glass container. Spoon the sauce into a radicchio leaf or small dish, garnish with sesame seeds, and place nearby for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Toasted Sesame Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 280.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: