Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful recipe. I made it last night to go with a roasted chicken. I served the vinaigrette hot over hot asparagus, even the aroma was great. I used 2 cloves of garlic.I steamed the asparagus for about 4 minutes and they were thick stems (I like my asparagus still crisp). I am so glad I checked before posting the recipe - I picked up the identical one from the internet and was all excited about sharing it and here it was already posted. This is a really good way to serve asparagus.
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh spears
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried whole
- pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place spears in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and steam 4-5 minutes or until spears are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sautee pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Set aside.
- Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Pour over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Let stand to room temperature before serving.