- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (you can use fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped (flat leaf is best)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim tough ends off asparagus. Using large wide frying pan cook asparagus in 1/2 inch of water until just tender. ( 3 - 5 min); drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet on med-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, add bread crumbs and cook stirring frequently for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl and stir in parmesan, thyme, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Top drained asparagus with parmesan bread crumbs.