Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love asparagus and this one is very good!! from cooking light.
Make and share this Asparagus with Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic over a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, place garlic in dish.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Add asparagus to dish, drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle asparagus with thyme and salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Toss gently and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once.
I love doing asparagus this way! I put the asparagus in a single layer and just lightly spray them with olive oil then sprinkle the herb on the and the garlic. This is the first time I have used thyme, excellent. I only leave the asparagus in the oven for 10 minutes cause I love them really crisp. If you are not thinking too lite sprinkle some parmesan on for the last 5 minutes and broil MMmmm Thanks again Dorothy
Dorothy, Dorothy, Dorothy! You do know your veggies! This recipe is melt in your mouth fantastic! So incredibly easy to make and asparagus is always beautiful to display! I will put this one in my permanent recipe collection for future use! Thanks, Dorothy!
What a wonderful way to cook asparagus. I cooked the asparagus for about 17 minutes and it was the tenderness that we liked. I did as Bergy suggested and sprinkled on a little Parmesan cheese. The thyme flavor went well with the asparagus. Thanks Dorothy.