Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A different way to eat one of my favourite veggies when it's in season.
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 small onion, sliced into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint
- 1⁄2 cup coriander
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- lettuce (to garnish)
- Slice asparagus diagonally into 3 inch lengths.
- Steam, covered until just tender-about 5 minutes.
- Drain, and cool under running water, drain.
- Toss asparagus with onion, mint and coriander.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, blend together oil, lime juice, fish sauce and chili flakes, pour over asparagus mixture, and serve on lettuce lined plates.
Great recipe - everyone here just loved it. I just knew it had to be an Aussie contribution!
I think the recipe will be even more thai if 1. add a pinch of sugar. 2. add the mint and coriander last, it needs to be totally fresh
This was really good. Even DH liked it. (he had his doubts when he saw the fish sauce in the ingredients). But we both really liked it, and liked that it was COLD. Great summertime side dish.