Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Love Asparagus like I do? Try this appetizer recipe from Ladies Home Journal.
- 3 lbs thin asparagus, cut into 5 inch spears
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the asparagus, return to a boil, and cook about 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Rinse and drain under cold running water.
- Pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- For tarragon sauce, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, shallots, tarragon, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl until well mixed.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter and serve with tarragon sauce.
- Makes 20 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare asparagus and sauce as directed above.
- Wrap and refrigerate asparagus and sauce for up to 24 hours.
This was really good!! I like the taste of Tarragon. I steamed my asparagus instead of boiling it. I had it with meatloaf I had made. I think I will have the leftovers with a meatloaf sandwich for lunch.