Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adopted recipe I have not yet tried.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 dash salt
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil (Fragrant) or 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 dash parsley, Finely chopped
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- If asparagus is thick, old or tough, peel bottoms.
- Add asparagus to pan of boiling salted water.
- Boil gently until cooked--bright green and tender--but still firm, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove; drain on towel; put on platter and drizzle with oil, lifting spears to coat.
- Sprinkle with shallots and parsley.
- Salt slightly.
Very good. I left out the olives. Sauted the shallots in the oil, added the salt, parsley, and a T shredded parmesan. Great asparagus!
This was very good. Thank you for posting!