Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are lots of asparagus recipes but this one is a bit different with the sesame seeds. You may serve them hot or at room temperature
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed,ends snapped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (I use walnut oil too)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a wok or cast iron fry pan (medioum heat) and add peanut oil.
- Saute the asparagus until they are bright green (apprx 3 minutes).
- Flip and continue to cook them for another 3 minutes- do not overcook.
- Add shallots and the sesame seeds, continue cooking and shake the pan tossing the asparagus for a further minute or two.
- Watch the seeds do not burn- if they are getting too brown turn down the heat.
- Add soy sauce, sasame oil, salt& pepper.
- Shake pan& cook for 30 seconds.
Wonderful asparagus, Bergy! I did cut the oil way back but otherwise followed the recipe. It's easy and delicious and a lot more fun than plain asparagus.
Hi, The flavor improved with every bite. I used 1 tablespoon oil and it was good. I'd like to try it with broccoli. Thanks, Cheryl