Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon tahini (pureed sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 48 medium asparagus spears, trimmed, peeled, and cleaned
- In a food processor, combine everything except the asparagus and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces, on the diagonal.
- Fill a large skillet half full of water; cover and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer just until crisp-tender, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot asparagus and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Special note: This also works well with fresh green beans.
I was just about to post this recipe that I found at the www.splenda.com website. Thanks for saving me the time. It is truly yummy!