Recipe by Irmgard
This is served at room temperature but is also good chilled. From Canadian Living magazine.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the oil, vinegar, red pepper, onion, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and tarragon in a large shallow bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook the asparagus until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and chill in cold water, then drain and pat dry.
- Add the asparagus to the vinaigrette and turn to coat.
- This dish can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.