Can be served as a colourful first course,or as a side dish, Beautiful presentation! Evolved to our taste from Smart cooking by Anne Lindsay
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast peppers on a baking sheet in 375 degree oven for 18 minutes.
- 2Turn and roast on other side for 18 minutes longer or until peppers are blistered and soft, not charred.
- 3Remove from oven and place hot peppers in a heavy paper or plastic bag.
- 4Cover bag and let peppers steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Using fingers and a small knife, peel skin from peppers, it should come off easily, seed peppers and cut into strips.
- 6In frypan, heat oil over medium heat, when hot, add roasted peppers and thyme.
- 7Saute for 2 minutes, season with pepper to taste.
- 8Puree in food processor or blender.
- 9,Can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week, reheat gently over low heat before continuing with recipe.
- 10Wash and break tough ends off asparagus, tie in bundles of 3 or 4 with strands of spaghettini.
- 11Carefully place in steamer or large pot of boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes until tender.
- 12drain carefully and thoroughly.
- 13Spoon heated pepper puree over individual plates.
- 14Arrange hot asparagus bundles on top and drizzle a little more puree over.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus with Red Pepper Puree
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g