Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
In the spring time, savor fresh asparagus with this dressing. This is low in fat too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 -2 cup boiling water, just enough to depth of 1-inch in the bottom of pan with steamer
- ice water, for cooling asparagus
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and honey till well blended.
- Set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and discard them.
- Place spears in vegetable steamer basket over boiling water in pan.
- Cover and cook till tender about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain immediately and plunge into cool water.
- Arrange asparagus on 4 plates lined with lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.
Tasty side, but may I suggest using more of the vinigrette? I loved the taste and think it would be even better if it chilled in the vinigrette. Still a great recipe!