Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Proscuitto is roasted until crisp in the oven and sprinkled over chopped asparagus. Adapted from "Real Simple" magazine.
- 85.04 g prosciutto, sliced thin
- 793.78 g asparagus, trimmed (about 2 bunches)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place proscuitto, in a single layer, on baking sheet and roast until crisp, about 8-10 minutes; transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; add asparagus and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Drain asparagus and plunge into an ice water bath; drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces; place in a serving bowl and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Break proscuitto into pieces and sprinkle over asparagus.
- NOTE: You can also just break the proscuitto into pieces and pan fry a few minutes. Remove when they start to crisp, then saute asparagus, with oil, in the pan. Seems easier this way if you want to make less than the full recipe. However, I recommend making the whole recipe because it is so good.