Recipe by JustJanS
I just found this in a pile of magazines, and thought it would be good for the board meetings we cater for at work-or weddings, parties, anything!
Top Review by Merlot
This was wonderful! I wrapped the Prosciutto around the asparagus. You didn't mention the puff pastry, but I assumed it was to be wrapped around next which I did. The combination of the asparagus, prosciutto and pastry is a great combination. What an attractive dish this is. I used this as an appetizer and my guests were pleased. Thanks for sharing. :-)
- 8 long thin slices prosciutto
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (you'll need 16 spears)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- Cut the prosciutto in half lengthways, and wrap one piece of prosciutto around an asparagus spear, leaving the tip exposed.
- Cut the pastry into 4, lay the asparagus and prosciutto across the 1/4 pastry on the diagonol, then pull it up to form an open ended parcel.
- Lightly brush with the beaten egg.
- Repeat with the remaining 15.
- Arrange on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with a sweet chilli sauce on the side.