Recipe by Evie*
This is great on an antipasto plate.
Top Review by Keri and Rory
I loved this asparagus recipe. The lemon and pinenuts make for a wonderful flavor combination. I added a bit more garlic as I absolutely love it, but am sure most will enjoy the recipe as is. Thank you -- even the three children I served this to (who all claimed to HATE asparagus) gave it a thumbs up.
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim tough ends off asparagus.
- Cook in small amount of boiling water until tender-crisp, approx 4 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into ice water for a few minutes.
- Drain well and cut into 2 inch lengths, set aside.
- Im small frypan, toast pine nuts until evenly browned, shaking pan frequently.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and pour over cool asparagus.
- Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts.