Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and delicious accompanyment to any meal. The lemon pepper and cheese really compliment the fresh taste of asparagus.
- Wash Asparagus under running water to remove any residue.
- Cut half inch off the bottom of each asparagus stalk.
- Bring One quart salted water to a rapid, rolling boil.
- While water is coming to boil, melt butter in medim size bowl in microwave.
- Drop Asparagus in boiling water.
- Watch close, boil Asparagus only about 3-5 minutes.
- Asparagus will become a very vibrant green.
- Pull Asparagus out of water and place in bowl containing butter.
- Season with salt, lemon pepper, and sprinkle with couple tablespoons of cheese.
- Toss to coat the asparagus with butter and seasonings.
- Plate asparagus, or place in serving bowl and top with remaining parmesan cheese (or to taste or visual appeal).
I've only made asparagus a few times and this has been the best recipe so far! I cut down on the parmesean cheese about half and added some fresh lemon juice. It was very yummy! will be making this again!
This was awesome! We absolutely loved the mixture of parmesan, butter and lemon pepper. My husband said he could eat this every night if I made it. I will definately be making this again and again! Thanks.
This was the most amazing asparagus I have ever had! The lemon pepper and parmesan were wonderful together. I added much more parmesan. My sister even loved it, and she has never been a fan of asparagus. This goes especially well with summer dishes.