Recipe by Childrens Minister
Quick and delicious accompanyment to any meal. The lemon pepper and cheese really compliment the fresh taste of asparagus.
Top Review by cookin_nurse
I've only made asparagus a few times and this has been the best recipe so far! I cut down on the parmesean cheese about half and added some fresh lemon juice. It was very yummy! will be making this again!
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash Asparagus under running water to remove any residue.
- Cut half inch off the bottom of each asparagus stalk.
- Bring One quart salted water to a rapid, rolling boil.
- While water is coming to boil, melt butter in medim size bowl in microwave.
- Drop Asparagus in boiling water.
- Watch close, boil Asparagus only about 3-5 minutes.
- Asparagus will become a very vibrant green.
- Pull Asparagus out of water and place in bowl containing butter.
- Season with salt, lemon pepper, and sprinkle with couple tablespoons of cheese.
- Toss to coat the asparagus with butter and seasonings.
- Plate asparagus, or place in serving bowl and top with remaining parmesan cheese (or to taste or visual appeal).