Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick, easy side dish that will go over well at your next Chinese Feast night!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, thinly shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-low heat.
- Stir-fry ginger, scallion, and garlic until aroma develops, about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and raise heat.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in last 4 ingredients.
- Stir-fry quickly over high heat for 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
What a nice change for asparagus. I usually steam it and serve it with a sauce. This is sooo good, definately make it again!!
Delicious, DH & I eat the whole thing. This is very easy to make, made just like the recipe said except I used splenda instead of sugar. I didn't serve it with rice or any starch as we are watching our carbs. This will be a regular at our house. Thanks Judy.