Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a lovely, light side dish I got many years ago from an article in the New York Times Food Section.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Wash the asparagus and trim them by breaking theim at the point where the tough woody part of the stem meets the tender part.
- Steam the spears over hot water for about 7 minutes, depending on thickness of spears and drain.
- Whisk the orange rind with the oil, mustard& orange juice.
- Spoon over asparagus and turn them to coat.
We enjoyed this very much with our steamed asparagus. It gave the vegetable a light, fruity taste.
Fast, fresh and full of flavor. I popped my asparagus on my George Foreman grill for 4 minutes, tossed the dressing and served the side warm. So good we used our fingers to wipe the extra sauce from the plate.
This tasted just great with the vinaigrette. It gave a lovely, not too spicy flavor to the asparagus. Thanks, it was charming!