Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A nice dress-up for steamed asparagus.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Wash asparagus and snap off tough ends. Place in a steamer basket and steam until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, stir together juice, zest and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Let thicken and reduce while stirring with a whisk, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add grated ginger.
- Place asparagus on a serving plate and pour sauce over asparagus; top with toasted almonds.
Full of flavor and a simple but elegant way to serve asparagus. Made for Football Pool 11 week 15 win.
Mixed reviews here. DD is in town visiting so the reviews were as followed: She gave 3 stars, I gave 5 stars and DH gave 4 stars. DD thought there was just to much citrus taste, DH just missed his normal plain steamed asparagus with butter, while I enjoyed something new and different. Thanks for posting. :)
Oh, my. This was delicious. The orange/ginger sauce was really good and so great served over our steamed asparagus. The crunch of the toasted almonds were just the right touch to top it all off, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mickey. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.