Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'The Simpler the Better' by Leslie Revsin
Make and share this Asparagus With Orange and Parmesan Shavings recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Snap off and discard woody stems of asparagus.
- Place spears on large ungreased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Spread spears in single layer, leaving a little room between each.
- Roast until asparagus is tender but retains a slightly crisp bite, 10-15 minutes, depending on size.
- Transfer to serving platter; cool to room temperature.
- Using fine perforations of zester, grate zest of 1/2 orange.
- Sprinkle over asparagus tossing lightly to coat.
- Cut orange in half; squeeze, then drizzle 3 tablespoons juice over asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using vegetable peeler, shave 8-10 parmesan curls on top of asparagus; serve right away.