In 'The Simpler the Better' by Leslie Revsin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Snap off and discard woody stems of asparagus.
- 3Place spears on large ungreased baking sheet.
- 4Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- 5Spread spears in single layer, leaving a little room between each.
- 6Roast until asparagus is tender but retains a slightly crisp bite, 10-15 minutes, depending on size.
- 7Transfer to serving platter; cool to room temperature.
- 8Using fine perforations of zester, grate zest of 1/2 orange.
- 9Sprinkle over asparagus tossing lightly to coat.
- 10Cut orange in half; squeeze, then drizzle 3 tablespoons juice over asparagus.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Using vegetable peeler, shave 8-10 parmesan curls on top of asparagus; serve right away.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Orange and Parmesan Shavings
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g