Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Adapted from an old cookbook which suggested it as a good accompaniment to a dinner omelet. I just love asparagus, in fact I never met one I didn't like, except of course for the dreaded overcooked asparagus.
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a skillet, bring enough water to cover asparagus to a boil over medium high heat. Add salt to taste and asparagus and cook 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the size of the asparagus. Be careful not to overcook and bear in mind that they will continue to cook even after they are drained.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small saucepan to melt. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg. Swirl to blend; pour over asparagus and serve.
So simple, yet so delicious! Thanks!
Wow! This is fantastic! I never thought of putting lemon and nutmeg on asparagus, but this is a new favorite! Will make again soon!