Recipe by Charlotte J
You may want to play with some different seasonings in the sauce to add more flavor. From Diabetic Cooking Magazine
Top Review by breezermom
Simple and delicious! I made the sauce before starting the asparagus, and let it come to a close-to-room-temperature. This kept it from getting the asparagus cold, but I still didn't have to cook the sauce. One of the quickest sides I've ever made! Made for PAC Spring 2011. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, combine in a bowl yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt.
- Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 3 minutes or until just tender crisp.
- Remove from water and drain on paper towels.
- Place asparagus on serving platter and spoon sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.