Recipe by Charlotte J
You may want to play with some different seasonings in the sauce to add more flavor. From Diabetic Cooking Magazine
Top Review by breezermom
Simple and delicious! I made the sauce before starting the asparagus, and let it come to a close-to-room-temperature. This kept it from getting the asparagus cold, but I still didn't have to cook the sauce. One of the quickest sides I've ever made! Made for PAC Spring 2011. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 118.29 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml light mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- 680.38 g asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, combine in a bowl yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt.
- Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 3 minutes or until just tender crisp.
- Remove from water and drain on paper towels.
- Place asparagus on serving platter and spoon sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.