Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
You may want to play with some different seasonings in the sauce to add more flavor. From Diabetic Cooking Magazine
- 118.29 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml light mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- 680.38 g asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- black pepper
- For sauce, combine in a bowl yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt.
- Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 3 minutes or until just tender crisp.
- Remove from water and drain on paper towels.
- Place asparagus on serving platter and spoon sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
Simple and delicious! I made the sauce before starting the asparagus, and let it come to a close-to-room-temperature. This kept it from getting the asparagus cold, but I still didn't have to cook the sauce. One of the quickest sides I've ever made! Made for PAC Spring 2011. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
The sauce for this asparagus is wonderful. Hubby was sceptical about the no-cook aspect, but warmed to the very good flavor of this dish. I served with Crunchy Baked Tilapia and Orzo Pilaf for a great dinner.
Outstanding! Love the sauce; it's just tangy enough! (Served with fish and used some of the sauce with it) THX, Caroline