Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This creamy mustard dill sauce would be great with most any veggie or a combination of vegetables. The asparagus can be served hot, chilled or at room temp.
- 680.38 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 236.59 ml yogurt
- 59.14 ml dijon-style mustard
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh dill or 9.85 ml dried dill
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives or 9.85 ml dried chives
- salt and pepper
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until crispy tender, drain, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients.
- Place asparagus on a serving plate, spoon some of the sauce across the middle of the asparagus and pass the rest.
I made the sauce only for me so I did half of it and I have plenty. I used dried dill and dried chives. I used low-fat mayonnaise and fat free yogurt. That's so yummy. Thanks Lorac. Made for Best of 2008 cookbooks tag game
Made for Best of 2008 Recipe Tag: I love asparagus and I love sauces - especially creamy mustard sauces!! This was incredible!! My husband and I "fought" over the remaining spears!