Recipe by Lorac
This creamy mustard dill sauce would be great with most any veggie or a combination of vegetables. The asparagus can be served hot, chilled or at room temp.
Top Review by Boomette
I made the sauce only for me so I did half of it and I have plenty. I used dried dill and dried chives. I used low-fat mayonnaise and fat free yogurt. That's so yummy. Thanks Lorac. Made for Best of 2008 cookbooks tag game
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until crispy tender, drain, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients.
- Place asparagus on a serving plate, spoon some of the sauce across the middle of the asparagus and pass the rest.