Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Trim off tough part of asparagus stalk, about 2 to 3 inches from bottom.
- Use a vegetable peeler to scrap asparagus to about 1 inch from top.
- Cut asparagus on diagonal into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook over high heat, tossing and shaking, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add asparagus.
- Cook, stirring and tossing for about 1 minute.
- Add shallots, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
We enjoyed this as a side dish with steaks. Easy to make.
This is simple to make and really is tasty. I didn't have fresh coriander so used dried instead. I'm sure it is even better with fresh
Enjoyed this as a side dish with pork chops. I too could not find fresh coriander, which undoubtedly detracted from the final result.