Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is an adaptation of several recipes... I liked the idea of asparagus and mushrooms, and asparagus with lemon, but all the recipes called for butter and herbs and such. This is very simple. I bet it really isn't a recipe, but hey, it works for me!
- 1⁄4 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 large white button mushrooms, sliced
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- Fill a large skillet with about 1 inch of lightly salted water.
- Cook asparagus and mushrooms in water, covered for three minutes over medium high heat.
- (If you have thicker asparagus, you may need to cook longer.) Drain.
- Wipe out pan so that it is dry.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and return to heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Return asparagus and mushrooms.
- Toss to coat with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
These were great! Super easy and tasty. I made it exactly as written and it was perfect, that lemon adds such a great flavor! Thank you so much!
This is very tasty, quick and easy! I added a small onion sliced to this. I barely used any water so I didn't need to drain. I did use a couple of drop of olive oil. Shittake mushrooms is what I used in this. Thanks for a nice and healthy side.