Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb white asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb green asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb morel, cleaned and halved
- sea salt and pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, plus more
- fresh tarragon, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cook asparagus separately in boiling water or in microwave until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- refresh under cols water.pat dry.
- heat 3 tbsp butter in large skillet, add shallots and cook until softened. add morels and saute 5 minutes more.
- add asparagus, tarragon, salt and pepper and continue cooking until heated through.
- add remaining butter and remove from heat.
- stir in lemon juice and garnish with tarragon.
Why has no one rated this yet, gorgeous I made this to go with another of chia's recipes and it was wonderful. I could not buy white asparagus, as where I live, it just went out if season again and soon they will deprive me of green as well. So I made the whole recipe with green but it was yummy. For a few ingredients I was suprised at how well they all went together and had such a wonderful flavour. I love this as a side dish and I will definitely be making again, great post and thanks for sharing.