Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This asparagus is quite delicious!! Do not over cook!! For a change of pace, try it with cubed pear instead of the melon. Lemon can also be used instead of orange.
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 2 cups honeydew melon, in balls or cubes
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled small
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Arrange asparagus in a casserole so that half of the heads are at one end and the other half at the other end and the ends overlap slightly in the middle.
- Add melon balls and crumbled blue cheese.
- Evenly mix the melon balls and cheese among, under, over and around the asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, mustard, orange juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix and pour over the asparagus and melon.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350f degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the asparagus is tender crisp, longer if you like your asparagus soft.
ok, i was intriqued by the ingredients but they never really came together- the asparagus was very undercooked while the blue cheese just melted into the sauce at the bottom of the pan. i cooked the asparagus 10 minutes more, it was still al dente and the sauce was very thin. i think this would have worked alot better if the asparagus was blanched first. also, the honeydew released liquid to the marinade which i made following the direction. but i have to say this is one of the most creative dishes i have ever tried and i'm going to try it again with some refinements