Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cooked, kept warm
- Spray small saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium until hot.
- Cook shallots over medium to medium low heat until tender but not browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until the wine is evaporated, 3-4 minutes.
- Mix milk, flour and herbs; stir into saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus in a serving dish. Spoon sauce over and serve.