Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is easy, yummy and looks elegant when served for company. I've also used the sauce for a "tarter" to dip for sweet potato fries.
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (or more)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs asparagus
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream, oil, capers, juice, thyme, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Trim asparagus and place in a shollow baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve asparagus with sauce on the side.
I liked this very much I had very thin asparagus but it was good anyway. I would use the dressing for other things as well. Made for World Tour 8 Thanks for posting.
I had the smallest asparagus I have ever seen but this was a great recipe to use it up! I roasted mine for about 8 minutes longer because I like it a little crispy/blackened. The sauce was great, I made half but kept the same amount of capers. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
Great side dish with dinner tonight. The sauce was awesome and was great with the asparagus. I very rarely roast asparagus, but in this case this was very good. The sauce was worth making this again. Great recipe !! Made for Zaar Stars ..