1/16 Photos of Asparagus With Lemon Butter Crumbs
From Delia Smiths Vegetarian Collection. I add garlic to this so it is mentioned as an optional ingredient. If you prefer you can pan roast the asparagus instead of steaming them. Meant as a starter but can easily be served as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the asparagus in cold water, then take each stalk in both hands and bend and snap off the woody end.
- 2Arrange the asparagus stalks in a steamer and steam over simmering water for 5-6 minutes, or until they feel tender when tested with a skewer, being careful not to overcook them.
- 3While the asparagus is cooking, heat 1 oz (25 g) of the butter in a frying pan, as soon as it is frothy, stir in the breadcrumbs, and garlic if using, and cook them, stirring constantly, until they're evenly browned and crispy.
- 4Then tip the crumbs on to a plate, stir in the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Now put the pan back on to the heat and add the remaining butter.
- 6As soon as it is frothy, add the cooked asparagus and toss to coat them in the butter.
- 7Sprinkle with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Divide the asparagus between warmed serving plates and sprinkle with the crumbs, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Lemon Butter Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 158.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of