- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus with tips all facing one way in 1 inch of boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes; drain.
- Place asparagus on a serving plate, but keep warm.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil. Stir in lemon zest, tarragon, lemon juice and sugar.
- Spoon over asparagus. Serve warm or at room temperature.