- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 small grated lemon, zest of, of
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- 12 -16 asparagus spears
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the butter, lemon zest and grated Parmesan and season with garlic salt.
- Put to one side.
- Snap the asparagus 2-4 cm/¾-1½in from the base of the stalks, the spears should naturally find their own breaking point.
- If the asparagus is particularly thick, trim away any tough-looking pointy ears on the stalk, as these can have a bitter taste.
- Place the asparagus in a wide saucepan or large, deep frying pan of rapidly boiling salted water, cook for 2-5 minutes depending on their thickness until just tender. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and shake off any excess water.
- Place on a warm plate and sit the flavoured butter on top. Turn the asparagus so the butter is melting and oozing over every spear, then sprinkle over some sea salt.