1/5 Photos of Asparagus With Lemon and Parmesan Butter
These flavours go so well together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the butter, lemon zest and grated Parmesan and season with garlic salt.
- 2Put to one side.
- 3Snap the asparagus 2-4 cm/¾-1½in from the base of the stalks, the spears should naturally find their own breaking point.
- 4If the asparagus is particularly thick, trim away any tough-looking pointy ears on the stalk, as these can have a bitter taste.
- 5Place the asparagus in a wide saucepan or large, deep frying pan of rapidly boiling salted water, cook for 2-5 minutes depending on their thickness until just tender. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and shake off any excess water.
- 6Place on a warm plate and sit the flavoured butter on top. Turn the asparagus so the butter is melting and oozing over every spear, then sprinkle over some sea salt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Lemon and Parmesan Butter
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 190.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g