Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
I've been saving this since 1997 from McCall's magazine. There are 9 Passover recipes in it. The menu they gave is Gefilte Fish (no recipe), Chicken Soup With Matzo Balls, Mixed Green Salad (no recipe), Stuffed Tarragon Roast Capon With Rich Pan Gravy, Matzo Walnut and Mushroom Stuffing, Roasted Tzimmes, Asparagus With Lemon and Mint, Chocolate-Almond Torte With Strawberry Sauce, and Assorted Macaroons. One of these days I may get this made but for safe keeping I'm saving it here.
- 2 lbs asparagus, pencil-thin trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-in . lengths
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons very fresh mint mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain in colander; dry on paper towel.
- In serving bowl, combine olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add hot aspargus. Toss mixture to bring to room temperature.
- Just before serving, stir in mint and lemon juice.
- Serve at room temperature.
Wow! We loved this recipe! I adore asparagus and this was new way for us to enjoy it. The mint and lemon went together so well. Thanks for submitting! Made for ZWT 3 :)
Lovely!! This simple dish is just great! Easy to prepare and so very fresh! Loved it. ZWT3
Delish! Simple and tasty. Next time I would cut back on the mint a little bit as I thought that it was a little over powering for the lemon zest flavor to come through. Made for ZWT 3. Thanks Charlotte!