French-inspired treatment of asparagus. Enjoy!
Make and share this Asparagus With Hollandaise recipe from Food.com.
- To cook asparagus spears, heat 1 inch salted water to boiling in deep narrow pan or coffee pot.
- Place upright in pan and boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until stalks are crisp-tender.
- For cooking pieces of asparagus, cook lower stalk cuts in 1 inch of boiling salted water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tips, cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Using a wooden spoon, stir 2 slightly beaten egg yokes and 3 tablespoons lemon juice in a one quart saucepan.
- Stir vigorously.
- Add the butter or margarine and heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted and sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour Hollandaise Sauce over top of cooked Asparagus and garnish with lemon wedges.