Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
French-inspired treatment of asparagus. Enjoy!
Make and share this Asparagus With Hollandaise recipe from Food.com.
- To cook asparagus spears, heat 1 inch salted water to boiling in deep narrow pan or coffee pot.
- Place upright in pan and boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until stalks are crisp-tender.
- For cooking pieces of asparagus, cook lower stalk cuts in 1 inch of boiling salted water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tips, cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Using a wooden spoon, stir 2 slightly beaten egg yokes and 3 tablespoons lemon juice in a one quart saucepan.
- Stir vigorously.
- Add the butter or margarine and heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted and sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour Hollandaise Sauce over top of cooked Asparagus and garnish with lemon wedges.
It take a little longer, but I jusr blanch them, and steam them. Nice, easy sauce. Excellent.
I adore this recipe, use it more for the sauce than anything, it comes together so perfectly and simply. Had it tonight with steak, shrimp and Brussels sprouts, heaven!
I cut down on the lemon juice from 3 tablespoons to 2. I should have cut it down to 1 tablespoon. Too lemony. Otherwise easy and tasty. I'm sure it's just a matter of preference as far as the amount of lemon juice. This is, obviously, just my opinion.