I got this off the internet somewhere and it looked very tempting. I haven't tried this yet, so it's here for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, spears
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf sourdough French bread
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 lb vidalia onions or 1/2 lb other sweet onion, thickly sliced
- parsley sprig
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- 2Drop asparagus and onion wedges into a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 3-4 minutes.
- 3Drain and plunge into ice water; drain well.
- 4Pat dry with a paper towel; set aside.
- 5Combine ricotta cheese, fresh thyme, chives, and chervil in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 6Cut bread crosswise into 6 (1-inch-thick) slices; reserve remaining bread for another use.
- 7Toast bread slices under broiler until golden brown.
- 8Spread cheese mixture evenly over bread and set aside.
- 9Heat non-stick skillet with olive oil.
- 10Add onion, salt, and pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Add asparagus and heat.
- 12Top bread with onions and asparagus.
- 13Place briefly under the broiler to heat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus with Herbed Cheese on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 620.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: