Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a nice appetizer or side dish
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup shopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 7 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- Steam asparagus for 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Mix shallots, vinegar, mustard, and oil.
- Pour over asparagus, top with toasted nuts.
I really enjoyed this.I also added a small amount of toasted sesame seeds and sesame oil. Seasoned with salt and pepper!This is a keeper! This cold would be a great summer night appetizer.