1/2 Photos of Asparagus With Hazelnut Gremolata
The first time I made this was when my parents came over to my house for dinner. I was making a hazelnut crusted mahi mahi for dinner and needed the perfect side dish to go with it. Well, I had asparagus and hazelnuts, so I decided to throw this together and am I glad that I did! It has quickly become one of our favorite ways to eat asparagus. The recipe came from my Mayo Clinic Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends removed, then peeled if skin is thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring about 1 inch water to a boil. Add the asparagus, cover, and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pot.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, garlic, chopped parsley, hazelnuts, 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- 3Toss well to mix and coat.
- 4Arrange the asparagus neatly on a serving platter and garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon zest.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Hazelnut Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g