Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this online somewhere. Sounds simple and good.
- 1 lb cooked asparagus
- 1 ounce finely ground hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash asparagus under cold running water.
- Snap off lower end of each stalk with your fingers.
- Let the stalk break where it wants to, this will leave only the tender portion of the stalk.
- Young tender asparagus can be cooked in a steamer for 5-7 minutes, the more mature stalks for 7-10 minutes.
- Do not over cook asparagus, it will lose flavor and nutrients if over cooked.
- At the same time, place the hazelnuts and butter in a small heavy skillet.
- Heat until the butter melts and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour hazelnut butter over hot asparagus.
- Serve at once.