Recipe by Sarah
Adapted from The Australian Womens Weekly. Great way to use up leftover ham from Christmas. Perfect summery dish.
- 2 eggs
- 15 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 100 g ham, thinly sliced
- fresh chives, finely chopped (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with hot water (from the tap is fine). Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes. Drain eggs and place in a bowl of cold water to cool. Peel eggs and cut into quarters.
- Melt butter in frying pan and add breadcrumbs and garlic. Cook over medium heat until crisp and golden.
- Snap asparagus spears in half (by holding by each end) and discard hard ends.
- Brush asparagus with oil and cook asparagus and ham on barbeque over medium heat, turning frequently, until asparagus is tender and ham is crispy.
- Place asparagus on serving plate and top with eggs, ham and garlic breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with chives and salt and ground black pepper if using.