- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 head curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄2 head radicchio or 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
Orange Sesame Dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Dressing: In small bowl, combine orange zest and juice, basil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
- Tear lettuce leaves; place in bowl.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing to lightly coat; arrange on large serving platter.
- Top with blanched asparagus; drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.