Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve hot or cold.
- 20 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil (or canola)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Trim tough ends off asparagus.
- Cook until just tender in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Drain and place on serving dish.
- Shake or whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over asparagus.
- Serve hot or cold.
I love asparagus. I used dijon mustard and found it to be fine. I did this away ahead of time and served it cold with a hot meal. The hot and cold contrast worked well. So easy and good. Thanks again Eve.
Thank you, Evie, for a fabulous recipe. I served it cold with a pasta main dish and it was absolutely delicious! I'm certain that it will be a regular for us! The dressing is what made it so special and I think it would be great on green beans, broccoli, virtually anything! Thanks again!
This was a really good dressing for asparagus. I served it chilled - although when I tasted it warm it was really good too. I added a few chopped tomatoes and onions to make more of a salad. It makes plenty of dressing, so if you have more asparagus than the recipe calls for or want to add something else you'll be fine. I will definitely make this again.