1/2 Photos of Asparagus With Gorgonzola Sauce
Awesome way to serve Asparagus! Serve with any food, but is especially good with other Italian dishes. Courtesy of Chef Silvia Maccari, Le Cordon Bleu Restaurant, and Italian Cooking and Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly clean the asparagus, cutting the tougher edge off.
- 2Bind them in small bunches and blanch.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Meanwhile, grease a baking pan and place the asparagus with the edges to the center of the pan.
- 5Finely slice the leek.
- 6Heat some olive oil in a pan, pour the leek in and gently sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the sage, the whipping cream and the Gorgonzola cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 8Pour the Gorgonzola sauce on the asparagus, dust with a mixture of grated Parmigiano and breadcrumbs and broil under the grill for 10 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 497.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: