Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome way to serve Asparagus! Serve with any food, but is especially good with other Italian dishes. Courtesy of Chef Silvia Maccari, Le Cordon Bleu Restaurant, and Italian Cooking and Living.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 2 medium leeks, finely sliced
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, cubed
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 4 leaves sage, finely chopped
- 6 ounces whipping cream
- extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly clean the asparagus, cutting the tougher edge off.
- Bind them in small bunches and blanch.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking pan and place the asparagus with the edges to the center of the pan.
- Finely slice the leek.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, pour the leek in and gently sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sage, the whipping cream and the Gorgonzola cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour the Gorgonzola sauce on the asparagus, dust with a mixture of grated Parmigiano and breadcrumbs and broil under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Really liked this!!! Anything with Gorgonzola is a hit for me.
Absolutely loved the taste of this....I may have been a bit over generous with my Gorgonzola...just adore it! My sauce really didn't thicken up, but even so it clung to ever tender asparagus spear as they traveled to my mouth. Delicious!
Absolutely delicious. Had a nice chunk of gorgonzola to use up and this was a great recipe to use part of it in. The rich gorgonzola is a great foil for the asparagus.